Nutrition & Dietetics plays a pivotal role in the field of health and fitness.
Nutritionists or dieticians help in promotion of good health through corrective food habits. They assist people in planning their food habits based on their work routine, sickness and age and educate and counsel them about healthy eating.
The role of nutritionists and dieticians include the following:
- Planning nutrition and food programmes.
- Supervision of meal prepared for patients in the hospital
- Recommending dietary modifications to patients
- Educating them on diets that help in improving their condition
- Working with health professionals for offering multidisciplinary healthcare approach
- Informing on the severity of complications and illness of treatment, inclusive of burdens and benefits of feeding in all conceivable routes